Dr. Samuel Bledsoe is a board-certified general and bariatric surgeon uniquely qualifying him to perform these procedures.
- Partner at Mid-Louisiana Surgical Specialists
- Founding Medical Director of Christus Cabrini Bariatric Program 3/2010
- Chairman- Department of Surgery, Christus St. Frances Cabrini, 7/2012 – present
- Medical Executive Committee-St. Frances Cabrini Hospital
- ASMBS National- Access to Care Committee
- ASMBS Louisiana- Access to Care Committee
- Medical Executive Committee of Christus St. Frances Cabrini Surgery Center
- Hundreds of bariatric procedures as primary surgeon.
- Training in Bariatric Surgery beginning in 2004.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- Southeastern Surgical Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
Education + Accolades
- 06/2009 – 07/2009 – University of Alabama at Birmingham:
Mini-Fellowship Bariatric Surgery
- 11/2008 – 07/2009 – Baptist Medical Center; Birmingham, AL:
Chief Resident- General Surgery
- 06/2004 – 10/2008 – Carraway Methodist Medical Cntr; Birmingham, AL:
Resident – General Surgery
- 08/2000 – 05/2004 – University of Arkansas College of Medicine; Little Rock: Medical School, Honors in Surgery, Honors in Research
Dr. Fuller is a native Arkansan. He graduated from Baylor University and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, where he obtained his M.D. degree. His surgical training took place at Scott and White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas. His specialties include general surgery with a sub-specialty in bariatric surgery. Dr. Fuller is licensed by the Arkansas State Medical Board and board certified by the American Board of Surgery. Prior to joining Arkansas Heart Hospital, he worked with Arkansas Bariatric Surgery. He is a Fellow with the American College of Surgeons and American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons. When he is not at work, he enjoys spending time with his wife and four children, traveling, flying, being outdoors, reading and starting new adventures.