Dr. Samuel Bledsoe is a board-certified general and bariatric surgeon uniquely qualifying him to perform these procedures.
- Partner at Mid-Louisiana Surgical Specialists
- Founding Medical Director of Christus Cabrini Bariatric Program 3/2010
- Chairman- Department of Surgery, Christus St. Frances Cabrini, 7/2012 – present
- Medical Executive Committee-St. Frances Cabrini Hospital
- ASMBS National- Access to Care Committee
- ASMBS Louisiana- Access to Care Committee
- Medical Executive Committee of Christus St. Frances Cabrini Surgery Center
- Hundreds of bariatric procedures as primary surgeon.
- Training in Bariatric Surgery beginning in 2004.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- Southeastern Surgical Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
Education + Accolades
- 06/2009 – 07/2009 – University of Alabama at Birmingham:
Mini-Fellowship Bariatric Surgery
- 11/2008 – 07/2009 – Baptist Medical Center; Birmingham, AL:
Chief Resident- General Surgery
- 06/2004 – 10/2008 – Carraway Methodist Medical Cntr; Birmingham, AL:
Resident – General Surgery
- 08/2000 – 05/2004 – University of Arkansas College of Medicine; Little Rock: Medical School, Honors in Surgery, Honors in Research